How do I fix hanging curtains?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

planehopr

Reaction score
I have a sliding glass back door. It has a fancy white window covering. The covering is a bunch of hanging slats that work together with a pulley system. When I pull one cord the slats all bunch together and open. When I pull the other cord, the slats rotate to keep light out or let light in.

My problem is the cords have become disengaged from the slats. I have to do everything by hand now. I don't know what I have to do to line up the cords on the pulley.

Is this a repair job I can do myself, or should I call someone. Who should I call? How much should it cost?

I keep thinking I can put a screw driver to the unit and open it up and figure out how to line everything up, but I'm afraid I'll break it.

Any ideas?

This is not a very serious problem but yeah it is for home lovers,who want to decorate their homes with classy windows and window coverings.You can call someone and take out the window covering and then just re-install it.I think your problem will be resolved.

Back