Washer won't spin, help please.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sns, looks like you were right. I put the new gearcase in & it still isn't agitating. I can hear it working but when I pry on the lid I see that it's not moving at all what so ever. I'm not lifting it up high at all that it would cause it to stop either. I called sears service & gave the lady an ear full. She offered to send another repair guy out to re diagnose it for $80 since the 90 days from the first visit had passed. What a joke.

Fixed it kind of. I removed the softener dispenser & the bolt holding the agitator to the gearcase shaft was way loose. I tightened the hell out of it & it worked & then came loose again about a minute later:mad:I cranked it down again & so far so good but I'm worried it'll come loose again. I'm going to check the bolt to see if it's cross threaded or striped or some thing. Another thin has me concerned is when I remove the agitator there's a little dampness on the gearcase shaft. Could it be the seal plastic thing under the fabric softener dispenser?

Well this pos is trying my patience & sanity. I finally got the agitator to hold firmly & the next load of clothes I start hearing a whistling/scratching type noise so I go check and inside the agitator was full of water. Idk how or why but I'm assuming water started finding its way down to the new gearcase!

Ouch. Make sure you didn't damage any seals or leave any off when you changed the gearcase. Also possible that something warped or moved if it was over-tightened.

Latest posts

Back