Converting an oil Burner to Gas Burner

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drewdin

Reaction score
I have a weil mcclain oil burner in my house, i recently got gas and would like to convert over but i don't want to spend the money. I called weil mcclain and they said two companies make gas conversion kits for my boiler.

The companies are Carlin combustion part#98954fr3 and Wayne combustion part# 63388.

I know nothing about these but my plumber told me to research them and let me know which one i want. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look and see if its even worth using one of these? Thanks

I have no suggestions but was wondering, how does it compare in price to just changing it out for new one?

i found some on ebay and they cost $500 or probably 800 if I buy a new one. Then it will be about 4 hours to put in so that will cost about 450. So it could cost me roughly 1300 to convert my current boiler over to gas or 6k for a new boiler.

I also have to find someone to remove the oil tank, i bet that will be expensive too

Back