Baseboard waterproofing with Vapor Barrier? Possible? How?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zth124

AmateurDIYer
Reaction score
My basement is leaking for some time now and now its getting worst. House built in 1983 and we moved in 1999. The previous owner repaired a wall using epoxy injection. It worked for a while but not now. I used a black tar to cover it but still now luck. We called several companies and they recommed an interior french drain which wil drain into the sump pump and out. Heres my house the backyard is on a slope. So the house is kinda on a hill

houseback.jpg

Heres the black tar which we put on:

basmenty.jpg

Hope the pic where the wall meets the floor will show help
So i was searching online for alternate ways which i can do. i saw a baseboard system similar to this

waterproof.com

But they havent showed any vapor barrier i was wondering if i could use that in a combination with the baseboard system to foward to the sump pump. I have poured concrete. And do i have to drill weep holes? im kinda uncomfortable drilling holes and then water rushing in. Also can i use that dryloc stuff over the black tar or no?

My sump pump is kinda old but works perfectly in my opinion i took pictures of the hose where i believe they line outside the house. One hose looks good while the other kinda looks busted up. The water that comes in is crystal clear so im pretty sure its not cloged. Any suggestions?

cleansumppumphose.jpg
dirtysumppumphose.jpg

But my main concern is the basment leaking. Its leaking through the walls more then where the ground meets the floor. I want to do this because itll save me money while doing the basic thing the french drain is doing which is to redirect the water.

Any tips advice or tricks will be helpful. Thanks.

Coating the inside of the foundation will do little to stop the real trouble.
90% of the fix is outside not inside.
Adding a french drain outside with a drain line that runs way away from the house and coating the outside of the foundation with foundation sealer will do wonders.
Is there working gutters with down spouts that lead out way behond the foundation?
Does the grade up againt the foundation sloop away from the house?
Is there mulch or flower beds up againt the foundation?
It's never made since to me to try and drain a foundation from the inside.
Why not prevent it from ever getting in, that way if the pump fails there is no flooding.

Coating the inside of the foundation will do little to stop the real trouble.
90% of the fix is outside not inside.
Adding a french drain outside with a drain line that runs way away from the house and coating the outside of the foundation with foundation sealer will do wonders.
Is there working gutters with down spouts that lead out way behond the foundation?
Does the grade up againt the foundation sloop away from the house?
Is there mulch or flower beds up againt the foundation?
It's never made since to me to try and drain a foundation from the inside.
Why not prevent it from ever getting in, that way if the pump fails there is no flooding.

Yea we have mulch all around the parimater and also the gutters are brand new leading at least 4 ft awat from house

Back