what to do with shower ceiling

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenlady0

greenlady0
Reaction score
Ok so much for my ideas...finally found a couple of tile guys and each say the same thing greenboard with scluter mud and membrane all around then tile but when I asked to continue 12x12 tile onto ceiling I got a no way lady nothing bigger than 6x6.Easy for them to say my tile doesn't come that small and to put the mosaic on the ceiling I am thinking is going to be even more busy looking. Any idea what I should use for ceiling material since I guess my only choice is paint? How do you water proof at the ceiling wall line don't think I want that orange membrane/fabric showing anywhere. Thanks guys

That is not accurate. We just did a shower with 12x12 travertine (in fact all walls and floor were matching). You need first quality thinset. You need a top rate tile guy.

You might try a quality tile shop in town for a better answer and approach.

guess that's the problem have had the darndest time trying to get tile guys out period easier to reach my plumber and electrician imagine that!!You did say walls and floors matching what about the ceiling? did you do 12x12's there as well?

YES, the walls, ceiling and floor done in 12x12 travertine. Walls done first. Ceiling next. Floor last. The walls wre floated in traditional manner. Ceiling was cement board. All seams were taped with fibre tape and sealed with RedGuard.

A good, strong tile guy can set the ceiling. Whimps and pretenders will run away (and so should you). :D

well since hubby uses shower the most his vote was I really didn't want tile on the ceiling any way...I guess it will be greenboard and paint:(

ps know where to pick my battles...these yokel locals are freaked by having to install a floating cabinet, despite the fact I have one available as an example...so the ceiling is one less place I don't have to hold someones hand for geesh

Back