Unit quit working

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brampup

Reaction score
Trane XL 1200 - Model YCY030F1MOA not working. Main board is flasing indicating Pressure Switch not working.

If I close the contact on the Compressor Contactor Coil it turns on. When the back of the blower motor is touched it is hot but has not been on in several days.

Fuses are good, voltages are good.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Check if the blower motor is seized. Is it getting full voltage?

The odds are apparently good that if you replace the pressure switch it will clear up at least one problem unless that signal may also mean the pressure is out of range.

Post a schematic.

Last edited:
Wuzzat, thanks for the reply.

The pressure switch is new as of this summer. I feel that is not the problem.

I leaning toward the fan motor due to the end being hot and it is not operating. I think that the fan has to be working for the pressure switch to function properly. Since the fan is not running it shouldn't be hot, I'm thinking. This last point I'm not 100% sure about.

I did measure voltage to the main wires is that area.

blower motor, fan motor, inducer motor, draft motor.
I picture the first two being the same and the last two being the same.
If your inducer/draft motor is hot but, not turning, it could be bad assuming no physical blockage.
This will cause the pressure switch to fault.

Gentlemen, it was the Blower, Combustion motor. Working like a champ. The fan blades of the old motor moved but grudgingly. But with power on did not turn at all.

Thanks for the help and keep smilen!!

Off to watch FSU teach Auburn a little about ACC football.

Thanks again.

Gentlemen, it was the Blower, Combustion motor. Working like a champ. The fan blades of the old motor moved but grudgingly. But with power on did not turn at all.

Thanks for the help and keep smilen!!

Off to watch FSU teach Auburn a little about ACC football.

Thanks again.
You probably paid yourself $100/hour of tax-free income on this job. Plus the knowledge you gained. :clap:

Now that everything is working, take voltage and current measurements everywhere; you may someday need them.

Good point Wasset! I have some of the basic voltages traciking this issue but did no take the time to log as many as I should.

Back