Bamboo

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TxBuilder

I want to line a fence of mine with bamboo. Never really worked with it before but there is a huge field my friend owns who said I can take what I need.

Do I need to uproot the bamboo so I have roots to transfer it to my property or can I cut it low on the stalk and just replant into the soil then it will grow it's own root structure?

I'm pretty sure you'll need root structure, but you shouldn't need the big ones. There should be little shoots coming up all the time around the base of the big stalks.. Just grab some of those, and transplant them. They'll grow fast, or they should. Most does.

Bamboo is very invasive so plan on building some sort of border to control the roots. Also your neighbor on the other side of the fence may not be happy to see bamboo sprouts popping up on his side.

There are two types of Bamboo --- running & Clumping. Running can be very invasive as it spreads with its underground root system. Clumping stays where you plant it.

Latest posts

Back