General overhaul...ongoing(pix!!!)

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New kitchen chandalier, on sale at work 60 bucks.
DSC02591.jpg

Yep thats 3/4 inch particle board used as a wall covering, and yes it has water damage, this was replaced with good drywall.
DSC02593.jpg

Carpet sample, we decided not to install a 3200$ maple floor with a baby coming. Carpet for the whole rest of the house comes to 1200 bucks.
DSC02597.jpg

That vinyl had to go. It wasnt even glued down.
DSC02600.jpg

Rolled it up. Smelled like insect spray underneath.
DSC02602.jpg

bad spot on the wall, where an old a/c used to be.
DSC02605.jpg

Mouse hole
DSC02606.jpg

Another mouse hole.
DSC02607.jpg

Reworking a bunch of holes.
DSC02616.jpg

More.
DSC02617.jpg

Last one.
DSC02620.jpg

Guess friggin what...yep another snake. I almost stepped on this one coming out my front door. Bout 10 inches long. That is a peice of carpet tack strip next to it. Yes, its highly poisonous, yes it will kill you, yes i killed it, and then fed it to an ant bed.
DSC02609.jpg

DSC02611.jpg

So comments/suggestions, lemme hear it. Ill be back with more living room pics later.

Move outta there, lions and tigers and bears oh my.:eek:

Looks like a reptilian farm over there.:D And what about that useless snake not eating those darn mice.

The project is lookin good, keep it up, your going to be busier soon.:)

You need a good dog too, one that pays attention.;) No snakes in baby's bed.

Great job Phatboy, I just finished reading all 21 pages of your post and I wanna run to Home Depot and pick up some materials for my own reno. Hope to see more updates soon. BTW, what program are you using to do your drawings of your house?

Thanks guys. Just got done with some painting, and they are coming to install the carpet tomorrow. Will have updates this weekend.

GabeT the program is called Sketchup. Its made by google. Its a freeware program with all kinds of tutorials on youtube, adn its really easy to learn. Check it out here. http://sketchup.google.com/

Wow, what a story! It's comforting to know there are people out there as crazy as my wife and I. :eek: Just joined here, will be posting pics of our 3 year project.

Ok well, to start things off I got the ceiling textured in the bedroom.
DSC02716.jpg

Closer look at the texture
DSC02717.jpg

Texture in the media room, remember the huge hole in the ceiling, from the bad drywall?
DSC02711.jpg

Closer, yes I sprayed the fan, no its not staying.
DSC02709.jpg

Texture on the walls, and finished up the fix on that bad spot.
DSC02712.jpg

Media room wall textured.
DSC02710.jpg

Got the living room painted
DSC02722.jpg

Same goes for the media room
DSC02721.jpg

Another, this will eventually be a hallway.
DSC02715.jpg

And the last wall in there.
DSC02714.jpg

Gonna be the babys room. Right before carpet went down.
DSC02727.jpg

Painted the master
DSC02724.jpg

And then there was padding...woot
DSC02730.jpg

More...hey, Kim snuck in that one. Isnt she cute with her pregnant self.
DSC02729.jpg

CARPET!!!!!!!!!!!!OH, and paint in the master.
DSC02726.jpg

moar...
DSC02734.jpg

moar...moar
DSC02733.jpg

moar...moar...moar, yes I know its more, but this is teh innerwebz.
DSC02732.jpg

I have to resize a whole lot more pics, so check back in a little while.

Busy, busy ,busy and busy.:D
Great to see you movin along and the wife too.:)
A little trim to finish and you'll be movin in ;) in no time at all.

Good luck.:D

you'll be movin in ;) in no time at all.

Good luck.:D

If you MUST know, and you do, we have been living in the house since the bathroom was completed enough to use. Didnt have a choice, we had just enough clothes to get through a week, and ate out every meal. We just moved the bed and clothes to a room we werent working in, and worked our asses off to get it moveinable.:D

Ahh, you left me hanging! I was expecting another 3 months worth of pics and you stopped posting here last December. Damn you!

Great work. It *almost* motivated me enough to try renovating some areas of my house all by myself. I lack the skills though. I probably have as much knowledge as you have in your pinky finger. Trying o learn though.

WOW, well I am truely sorry for leaving everyone hanging. I will try and get some completed pics this week. I have not been around as I lost my job, and have been working very hard so as not to loose what we worked so hard for.

The baby was born March 31, 09. Ryleigh Ann. She was 21.5 inches and 8lbs 12oz.

Really sorry, Ill pic it back up soon.

Sorry to hear of the job especially with the new family member. But still Looking forward to hear of your progress on the house.

hey im new to the site and was wondering if anyone has seen or heard how things are going on this. I just started reading it today, and WOW it looks great. Congrats on the new baby, and sorry to hear about the job. Hang in there and let us know whats going on!!

PS. I know i kinda brought this up from the dead, but inquiring minds wanna know

Gosh-
Hope you got a good deal on that place. The property alone looks wonderful & worth whatever money you paid. That - I'm sure is why you took on such a project house.
Good Luck!

Latest posts

Back