Transition pieces

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outbacker

Reaction score
I will be putting in new laminate flooring over the next week, and I have a question for you guys. I am putting the flooring down the hall, and into a bedroom off the hall. The rest of the rooms are carpet or tile off this hallway. Do I need a transition piece between this room and the hallway, or can it be a un-interrupted flow of flooring into the room?

Thanks.

I will be putting in new laminate flooring over the next week, and I have a question for you guys. I am putting the flooring down the hall, and into a bedroom off the hall. The rest of the rooms are carpet or tile off this hallway. Do I need a transition piece between this room and the hallway, or can it be a un-interrupted flow of flooring into the room?

Thanks.
Yes you will need a transition piece everwhere where the laminate meets another floor.

Not sure why laminate is different, but in my house the hardwood floors flow continuously from room to hall to room.

Plus it would be really hard to start your laminate in the middle of the bedroom or hallway which ever you did first.

Latest posts

Back