Scandinavian Maple hardwood

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryce

Reaction score
What do you think about his stuff? I got deal set up for 6 boxes.
10069602_1.jpg

I just never heard of it before, looks like maybe made in China...?

It took over a hour to drive to their place in Caledonia hills, but it was worth it. This is some class-a stuff. I think i got a deal $250@160 sq. ft. I imaging $8 a ft might not be unreasonable for people with million dollar homes. There is iso bar code but no indication of where it is made. Scandinavian maple from BC... okay...sure.

I'm finishing the loft sleeping area that is about 120 sp ft and shaped like a 'F' so lots of edges.
I think it is better finish the edges like this:
096223092632.jpg

Better than quarter round and easier? What kind of stain would you recommend or leave it natural?
I plan to the wood on some of stair steps as well. I was going to use this?
043374790207_ca.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Neil, ya well the good stuff is like $60 @ 4ft, The guy put some cheap particle board treads on there before, it is already buckling. For what i can tell the nosing is nothing really special, half moon doweling glued and finished. Not worth it for me.

Does nosing really prevent tripping? Maybe it causes tripping too?

I think carpet or cork are better general solutions for bedroom stairs because they don't slip so much. If you get a nice wood stair case, then you'll need small carpet mats attached to each tread or risk breaking your neck, good grief!

Last edited:
I'm thinking to use this nosing.

My question is how do i attach it? Will glue possible be good enough? no.
Screws with pilot holes and glue? Nails. The pine is $15 and oak is $20, i guess the oak is worth the extra? Or will it just crack in a year ? Metal would not look that bad, maybe wiser?

The first pic is the stair, the other two are more just trim. Am i crazy to think it will stay on a stair edge? Looks nice anyways.

ABC_1390.jpg

ABC_1392.jpg

ABC_1393.jpg

Last edited:
I like they way he does it here at the streakhouse.

/watch?v=UYiZgyRarxY

here it is, at long last. Only needed to do it over 2 times rather my usual 4 times...

flooring.jpg

Thanks SS.

I sleep up there. It is nice with the windows on both sides. That platform on the right is just wide enough for a queen size bed.

Back