Concrete calculator?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buffalo

Reaction score
I have to add beams and footers in my basement , is thier an easy calculator to use to find out how many bags of quickcrete I need? He gives different dimensions for certain columns , but I'll just do them all the same . 3'x3'x1'6" deep .

I know the bags come in 60 or 80#.

Thx again buddy!

This can't be right?? It says 22.5 bags at 80lb for a 3'×3'×18" deep hole? X5 columns = 112.5 bags. X4.15$ = 466$.

Am I better off getting a truck? Not sure how the small load charge works.

You will probably spend close to that on a short load, at least here you would. It all comes down to if you want to carry and mix concrete or not.

My calculation say you need 2.5 yards of concrete so those numbers are correct.

Assuming square not cylinder,
.5 yards
30 60#bags
23 80#bags

Up here delivered $120C for a meter, there might be a min. You should check out cost of mixing your own.

I'm going to cut my holes tomarrow. I was told as far as rebar to put it 1' on center in both directions and to tie it into my existing floor . Good advise? Should I drill 1/2" holes into existing slab and stub rebar into it?? Or is the advise wrong and leave the footers independent?

Question answer from engineer:
reinforcing is not needed if thickness of footing is 1/2 of longest width. So a 3x3x1.5 does not need reinforcing.
Footer needs to be separate from slab because it's loaded & may want to settle a little causing slab to crack if it's connected to footing.

Question answer from engineer:
reinforcing is not needed if thickness of footing is 1/2 of longest width. So a 3x3x1.5 does not need reinforcing.
Footer needs to be separate from slab because it's loaded & may want to settle a little causing slab to crack if it's connected to footing.

Hmm, that would make since as the load travels down and out at a 45* angle.
And when we usually do points 10" deep, steel would be needed.

Back