Another Fireplace Dilemna

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettorer

Reaction score
I have searched high and low to now avail for arrangements similar to my own. As you can see we have a fireplace that spans the entire north family room wall of a home we recently purchased. We don't particularly like it but I would like to make the most of it so I have decided to paint and mount a TV above it, but what to do with the other peripherals is the problem. I would like to come up with a creative solution for shelving or cabinets to hold a dvd player and xbox that will be placed around or above the fireplace. The mantle of the fireplace only extends out 6" from the wall so any cabinetry on the wall of the fireplace. I feel that if wall mounted cabinets extended past the edge of the mantel, the cabinets would overpower the fireplace (I could be wrong). I have also considered various arrangements of wall shelving but none of my ideas are screaming creative genius.

Ideas/thoughts/comments are welcome.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...YmZiMi00ZjMwLTkwNTgtNGYwMzBiZGRmMzli&hl=en_US

I wouldn't install cabinets that stick out past the mantle either. I think your best option is to try and find devices that might fit on the mantle. There are quite a few small dvd/bluray players that are small enough to fit. The xbox might be a harder issue. Turned sideways in the standing position it might fit. Probably would not look great though. Sorry. I wish I could help more!

Back