Global Warming?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's to beleive? Ice caps have come and gone forever. The question isn't evan what's causing it. Is there anything people can do to slow it? Not likely when politics belongs to money. I like this idea, (every man for themself) or was that what Custer said.

What's to beleive? Ice caps have come and gone forever. The question isn't evan what's causing it. Is there anything people can do to slow it? Not likely when politics belongs to money. I like this idea, (every man for themself) or was that what Custer said.

No, Custer said "Holy @#$%, thats a lot of indains."

No, Custer said "Holy @#$%, thats a lot of indains."
I thought his last words were, "Man, that smarts. . ."

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe0q8Lq3L2Q[/ame]

Last edited:

This is true. We've been through many phases, and we may be ushering things long, but I don't feel humanity is solely to blame. We're just not helping.

The dust bowl of the thirties shows that man can cause problems and solve them.

That's true, but that was also happening on a local level.

Well, local as in the US.

I don't mind an enemy that I can see but with warming there will be tropical diseases in places that didn't use to have them.

I don't mind an enemy that I can see but with warming there will be tropical diseases in places that didn't use to have them.

You're scared of jungle rot?

What's to beleive? Ice caps have come and gone forever. The question isn't even what's causing it. Is there anything people can do to slow it? Not likely

That's where I'm at with this whole thing. We can't stop Hurricanes, Tornado's. Rain, Snow, Wind, Fire, Tsunamis, Volcano's. Ain't much left. We should quit allowing the politicians to tell us what is causing things and just realize that anything Al Gore or Michael Moore or any one else like them comes up with is nothing more than a can of BS.

What ever causes it dosn't matter but nothing stays the same and people should be looking at what could happen to them and their home. We build new houses out here with earthquakes in mind and add stress wall, heavy duty tie downs and huricane hangers on the trusses and what ever they can dream up. This is all for keeping the house somewhat together while people get out.
I am always amazed that people will spend 60k on a kitchen but won't spend a penny on upgrades that might save their lives. Same is true in floods, we always see houses floated off the foundations and people stuck in houses or worse attic with no escape.

I can't argue that point. It's the same with everything else they (we) buy today. We want the best of luxury, but the hell with safety and longevity. Big box stores are living proof of that.

You're scared of jungle rot?
It's liver flukes and other parasites that don't leave once they take up residence.

I guess Lackland AFB was preferable to Vietnam, after all. At least the bad things there were visible to the naked eye (and some of those bad things wore uniforms :D).

It's liver flukes and other parasites that don't leave once they take up residence.

I guess Lackland AFB was preferable to Vietnam, after all. At least the bad things there were visible to the naked eye (and some of those bad things wore uniforms :D).

I've seen a couple of those "Monsters Inside Me" shows and I can't think of anything worse than having a parasite.

We have 535 of them in Washington for goodness sakes.

I thought those are called a Congress?

The English language has some wonderfully anthropomorphic collective nouns for various groups of animals

We are all familiar with a Herd of cows, a Flock of chickens, a School of fish and a Gaggle of geese.

However, less widely known is a Pride of lions, aMurder of crows (as well as their cousins the rooks and ravens), an Exaltation of doves and, presumably, because they look so wise, a Parliament of owls.

Now consider a gathering of Baboons. They are the loudest, most dangerous, most obnoxious, most viciously aggressive and least intelligent of all primates.

And what is the proper collective noun for a group of baboons?

Believe it or not ....... a Congress!

I guess that pretty much explains the things that come out of our present government led by a party by that name, which has ruled our country for most of the years since the British left us in their hands!

Back