How do I fix my ceiling?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why? It works fine. I'm worried about the ceiling now.

Why is a fair question, I'm a roofing contractor. All to often I see the results of homeowners trying shoddy repairs and expecting the repair to solve the water intrusion issue only to be left with a bigger mess than they started. Water can be a very destructive force and should be dealt with in a manner that will add value and benefit to a structure. My curiosity stems from wanting you to have the moisture issue resolved. If you're happy, I'm happy.

If the plywood was soft, the roof cannot have been repaired correctly as the plywood is part of the roofing system. The water may have been stopped for now but that doesn't make the job correct. I don't mind sharing my knowledge but I'm also not going to waste it.

Good luck, you'll be needing that.

Phil

If the plywood was soft, the roof cannot have been repaired correctly as the plywood is part of the roofing system. The water may have been stopped for now but that doesn't make the job correct. I don't mind sharing my knowledge but I'm also not going to waste it.

Good luck, you'll be needing that.

Phil

They checked the plywood and said it was okay.

Back