Adding a Whole House Humidifier

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clemkonan

Reaction score
Looking for help on how to install a humidifier for my furnace to address dryness that is causing my hardwood floor to gap. I was able to minimise the problem when I had a 50-gallon fish tank.

I want to install so that when the furnace comes on it activates or the blower is set to run when the humidity falls below a setting. I am not an electrical guy.

amana distinctions.jpg

Here, I stood it up for you... :welcome:

Gas condensing furnace, correct?

Furnace- Gas Condensing.jpg

It is an Amana Distinctions forced air gas not sure if its condensing

Thanks for getting back to me I like Honeywell but I saw one post where they were saying the wiring instructions were incorrect ( probably not this unit) and thanks for the tagline "Our constitution was ......." applies to us here in the true North as well.

Are you saying I should have a pro look at things after I do the install or before?

Well, HONEYWELL is the #1 and manufacturers for other sellers also (APRILAIRE and TRANE for two). It only uses a free-standing humidistat and you don't have to wire into the thermostat. Call TECH to verify instruction sheet.

If you are comfortable doing the install, I don't know why you would need an HVAC man unless install requires a permit..

Humidifier- Close Damper In Summer.jpg

...thanks for the tagline "Our constitution was ......." applies to us here in the true North as well.

Then you should enjoy this one-

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties.

-Abraham Lincoln

Are you saying I should have a pro look at things after I do the install or before?

:(

It just dawned on me exactly what you are asking.

I meant there should be a HVAC person here that might come on and give you more options and guidance.

hUkt oN foniX - woRKS 4 mEE! :eek:

I had one of those hamster wheel humidifiers on the gas furnace in my old house. It was a PITA. That was a long time ago; I hope they got better since then.

Back