Foundation watering system?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockrz

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a foundation watering system that comes with all the lines needed and inserts that go in the ground around a house foundation for water to go in to?

I'm wanting to install some sort of system that is on a timer that automatically keeps the edges of the house slightly wet since they claims this goes a long way in preventing a house foundation from getting damaged in really hot / dry climates.

The soaker hose seems to be useless as it's hard to control where the water flows. I guess I could get a regular hose and clamp it in place somehow after poking holes in it to make sure the water is flowing downward right at the edge of the foundation.

Seems to me that surely someone has created some metal pieces that can be pushed in to the ground and connected in series where water can flow right into the ground.

Any idea 'bout accomplishing this?

They say the three worst things for a house are water, water and water. I don't know where you're located but I can't imagine adding water to a foundation is a good thing. Everyone is usually trying to keep water away from the foundation. Unless you live in a castle and your moat is running low.

In the southwest that home builders and foundation repair companies recommend keeping the surrounding edges of the foundation watered frequently as this is supposed to help prevent the foundation from cracking since it helps prevent the soil from getting too dry and cracking which supposedly contributes to foundations cracking.

Interesting video. Thanks. No water issues here in SW Florida. I guess the issue is how deep your foundation or slab is and your soil, but that's all new info for me.

It is pretty common in Texas from what I've heard from friends from work that moved there. Not something I have to worry about in NC.

So it's not common to dig out crap soil and replace it before building foundation, or at least doing drainage around the house to keep it dry so the soil dosn't swell.

Back