found behind the sheetrock on my remodel

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

britny1

Reaction score
These are some pics of wiring behind wall all live,two of the wires were unprotected,one had wire caps:mad:

house 011.jpg

house 018.jpg

house 020.jpg

These are some pics of wiring behind wall all live,two of the wires were unprotected,one had wire caps:mad:

The wires in pictures #1 & #3 are probably okay - though certainly not code. Picture #2 - holy crap!

Makes you wonder where some of these knuckleheads that roam the Earth get these ideas??? Here are some of my greatest hits I found in the last week when I was tearing apart my basement family room.

IMG_0853.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0846.jpg

LOL, Holmes on Homes is my favorite show... I have 4 shows that I watch religiously and Mike Holmes show is one of them...

The first pic that Midway posted resembles most of the boxes in my basement/garage. Thing is every one of them is soldered under the tape. I have been into boxes where the joints had crimp rings but never solder.

If I were to find live wires like Britny found in my walls, I would want to track down who ever was responsible and use an electric prod on them....

Back