Need a breatheable stain to change color of Quikwall used to cover cinderblock. Help!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DebbieG

Resourceful Designer
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am going crazy trying to find a way to change the color of the Quikwall product that I used to cover the cinderblock foundation to our patio.
I had tried to match the stamped concrete slab on top but it turned out a little to orange so I want to darken it to a dark brown or grey. The biggest problem seems to be finding a product that will not seal because moisture coming up from the ground below needs to be able to escape...I don't want it trapped against foundation of house. I have called Boomers concrete in Detroit, a local block and concrete company and went to Sherwin Williams and none of them seem to have a product that will not seal.
The funny thing is that I have heard that a "breathable sealer" should be used, but isn't that an oxy moron? Is there such a thing?
Any pros out that that can help with a product recommendation? I really don't want to go over this with another coat of quickwall, attempting to get a better color this time! Thanks!

LBC Computer Use from Planner 058.jpg

LBC Computer Use from Planner 063.jpg

Why not give it another shot of Quikwall, this time with a dye specifically made by Quikrete? You get to choose the color, and you know there shouldn't be any compatibility problems (which could happen when using a different brand of product).

Back