Can't bake in oven and cook on range at the same time.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneJeeper

Reaction score
We just bought a new gas oven to replace failing unit and it is pretty awesome, except for the fact that we can't bake and cook on the range at the same time. If the oven is on, the range will light but only about a third of the normal flame.

I did have to convert it to propane, pretty sure I did that right, and the valves are completely open. I reused the existing copper line with a new flexible connector. Is it possible this new unit uses more gas than the old one and our lines can't flow sufficient gas?

Thanks, LJ

Hi,

Make, model#??

Sounds like a regulator issue.

Did the old range have a built in regulator like the newer ones do?

jeff.

Jeff,

I don't know the make/model from the top of my head, I'll get it when I get home and post up.

I have no idea if it had a built-in regulator. It is now at the scrapyard. What would it mean if there was/wasn't ?

Older ranges had a regulator inline and not in the range....newer ones are right inside the range....*If* the old inline regulator was still there and we now have a second on in the new range = poor and confused pressure. Failing that the new(er) range might not have been converted correctly ( esp the regulator ), or has a bad reguator.

jeff.

Back