Post Your Kitchen!!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My father and i are carpenters we design kitchens. This cherry kitchen with a subway tile back splash with black grout. The only thing we did not change was the floor.

100_0291.jpg

100_0011a.jpg

sorry Im new at this. dont know what im doing. lol

Last edited:
My kitchen is undergoing renovations

TempcounterMay08.jpg

Garage added, windows gone, some temp cabinets installed for more room

Kitchennowindows1.jpg

New fridge, & the door won't open all the way

B4Kitchen.jpg

Eventually it will be an arched opening to match the others
But for now this will do it
After.jpg

Kitchen was very small, small window facing South
DSC00035-1.jpg

So I added a 16x16 sunroom & took down the wall
Slated to be finished in 2010 - hopefully
The cabinet on the left side of the counter is gone
The cabinets on the left above the stove will be removed
That (tiled) wall will be taken down too
The new counter & cabinet will be installe dmore to the right
So there will be a big opening on the left to the sunroom
DSCF4281.jpg

We got some cabinets. :banana: Putting together cabinets is more satisifying than scrapping popcorn or tape and float.

There is a long story with the Ikea experience. We are excited to have some cabinets for the first time since Oct. 2008. If the rest of the cabinets and stove range would get here, we can make the 10 hour drive to get the stuff and finish our kitchen. Guess we should have gone with cabinets that they had in stock - Adele Brown instead of the Solar Beech.

We'll post more pictures when it's done. We've gotta run some base board.

CIMG0135.jpg

CIMG0143.jpg

Haven't done much to the kitchen yet. I'm not exactly sure when it was remodeled, but it's got Corian countertops with an integrated sink, nice view from the sink window out over the mountains.

The only thing I've really done is to replace the electric glass top stove with a nice antique gas stove (I prefer to cook with gas). I purchased it from somebody local who was going to put it into their home, but thought it wouldn't be safe with kids around. I refinished all the porcelain parts (grilles, drip pans) and had the griddle coated with teflon (better cooking surface than the original chrome)

We have discussed remodeling the kitchen, but are waiting until all other projects are done (bath, paint, stairs, etc.). Then we can think about the kitchen...the stove stays :D

Here are some current pictures. The first is just after moving in with the old stove (me with the ladies) :D The second shows the work I had to do to get the new 40" stove in the space. I had to modify the drawers and cabinets to get it in. The last is of the new stove in place. '47 O'Keefe.

So I noticed that user dakuda edited my post and evidently removed the pictures. Not exactly sure why, but it was done just the same.

@Raminator: Wow. You got a very nice kitchen! :D And the lighting looks better!
@Jacob: Is the first picture your kitchen? The paint looks good. :D

Well we got our Kitchen done last year but had not gotten around to posting so here it is. Cabinets are Eurorite spice(maple) assemble yourself but I took extra care is rereinforceing to give these cabinets a long life. With above counter tile work in a brick pattern, some custom work above the hood fan and a new 48" x 72" work island with Bamboo top and custom legs we think we really pulled off a nice Kitchen, something my wife has always dreamed about :) :) :)

aboverange.jpg

overall1.jpg

overall2.jpg

sinkarea.jpg

island.jpg

Wait..what?? a year??? :eek:

NICE kitchen dude, you obviously do this for a living.:D
And makin the wife happy is always priority #1.;)

So any before pics so folks can see what they can do too?

These are the only ones I have right now, the others are on my other computer and it's sick lol

untitled.jpg

Where did the fridge go?? It looks much roomier without that whole bank of cabinets on the left. :trophy:

Okay here we go, wife wanted the fridge near by but not out in the open, it's turned out to be a great place. I did a quick drawing this morning to give a better idea of the layout. To things she always dreamed of, 1- a big island, 2- a pantry and she got em both:D
And if anyone is curious to the cost your looking around 10,000 Canadian without appliances.

fridge.jpg

kitlayout.jpg

Back