Fire place glass doors

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmc0319

Reaction score
I want to remove a glass fire place door that has a brass frame around it. My question is basically what am in for? The fireplace is brick so I assume there will be holes in the brick. Should I expect some type of glue as well? How should I start? Any help will be much appreciated.

Don't know about yours, but mine has clamps that hold it in place. Take a flashlight and go exploring, preferably when you don't have a fire going. ;d

Thanks olddog. I sure hope this one has clamps. Somehow I'm never that lucky when it comes to this stuff m

Mine had clamps as well. I was tired of the old, dated look of brass. I removed the screen and painted it in a high heat, oil rubbed bronze. It turned out great!

Typically, there are clamps at the bottom and an L-bracket at the top. The bracket is anchored with screws into the top bricks. Simply back off the screws for the clamps then remove the screws holding the brackets.

Now you can install the new insert!

Have fun. :D

I saw the first picture..sad sad looking room, 2nd picture looks GOOD

at my moms house, I took removed the Tv from above the FP and put it in the FP.
it makes the room a lot cleaner looking

Back