Basement bathroom

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donjuan

Reaction score
Hi Everyone I am a new member

We have a 3 piece bathroom in our basement that currently doesn't have a window in it .Since the bathroom is off a hallway ,both areas are dark most of the time,So we have to the lights when we go down there no matter what time a day it is.Does anyone think it would be a good selling point if we ever listed our house to install a window .The window company called me ,i can get a mismeasured window for a $100.00(regular $250.00)I have retired bricklayer lined up for $50.00 and about $75.00 for framing material,I think a window in the bathroom would not only bring in light butventilation and we would even save on electricity by not using the light so often
Thanks
Don

I'm not a big fan of little windows that don't bring in a lot of light and never get opened as is the case in most basement bathrooms, but it is a selling feature. If the ceiling joists land on this wall you will need a header so you lose the first 11 inches from the ceiling, depending on where it would be located that may not matter.

Hi Nealtw,
Actually the window I'm looking at is 30 " W x 24 " H. I live in a raised ranch style house soo the window is high on the wall anyways.I'm sure I will use it all the time
Donjuan

Back