Help!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmc0319

Reaction score
Ok so some sort of animal got into one of my walls and obviously died. The room stinks horribly. Any ideas what to use to counteract the smell? Also any idea how long the smell will last? I assume it is the size of a chipmunk or field rat.

The smell from small mice in my walls has lasted up to 3 to 4 weeks. We had wainscoting on the hall wall so I accessed the area the last time and found the skeletal remains of 4 or 5 small mice which had happened over thirty years. They come down from the attic and can't get back up and die. I think I've plugged the hole since it's been over a year. If you have sheet rock, you'll just have to wait it out. The bathroom was affected the most so we just kept that door open to let the smell out. You can't really cover up that dead smell.

Thanks Andy. We do have Sheetrock so we will wait. Luckily the room is not used so we have the Window open with a box fan in the window pulling the smell out. It is an undeniable smell.

Back