air handler problems

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogface

Reaction score
I have a heat pump with a back up gas package. Every works fine with the Heat pump until it gets cold and i turn on the gas heat . The gas part will not lite and the Codes on the Air Handler Flash 5 times .The codes say that the Roll out is open but I don't know where it is. Thanks

I have a heat pump with a back up gas package. Every works fine with the Heat pump until it gets cold and i turn on the gas heat . The gas part will not lite and the Codes on the Air Handler Flash 5 times .The codes say that the Roll out is open but I don't know where it is. Thanks
Roll out switches are on top of the burners. They are where is the flame rolls out of the burners it will shut down the unit. They are usually about 5/8" in diameter,with a small red button in the center. You push the little button down it reset them. You will feel it click. There might be several of these switches, they used them on the draft inducer and some times two on the burners .
Paul

Back