Shower Door Recommendations

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

al2009

Reaction score
Hi there we are remodeling our master bathroom and we now need to purchase a shower door. Originally we thought we'd use a glass shower door. However, after talking with several people it sounds like there will be issues with soap buildup (aka soap scum). I really don't want to deal with that so what are some recommendations? What about a slightly frosted glass like symmetry. We thought that would be the best but would like some input.
thanks in advance

Welcome Al:
I prefer the clear glass, personally. It can be kept clean with a sprayer permanently mounted and you simply push the button each time you use the shower. The little scrubbing bubbles mix with the water on the walls and doors to slide the scum right off. It works well in our shower.
Glenn

Any surface in a shower will get some scum build up, it's just natural in a wet environment such as a shower area. Glass is pretty easy to keep clean and looks great. Even the slightly frosted glass gets scum build up. A little cleaning will keep your doors looking great.

I put in a frameless Kohler tempered glass shower door 'cause I always have problems with the rust and soap scum building up in the frame to glass crevices. I find this a snap to keep clean with a squeegee. It was a little pricey, but worth it to me and it looks great.

I like GlenJanie's reply. Is that the daily shower cleaner thing on the market? I have a hard time keep the soap and water scum off the glass too in the master bedroom. To me the glass door is still good but with a shower curtain I like changing colors in the other bathroom with the tub. . Doesn't the fact closing the shower door after a shower cause more mildew because the steam hasn't "gone away"? :rolleyes:

Back