Home Insulation

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larrybegone

Reaction score
:)
Opinion on spray expanding foam or fiberglass? My home got flooded and have to pull the walls and replace the insulation. Have a 34 year old home and the fiberglass insulation appears to have not been installed properly anyway. I like the idea of foam filing in the air gaps but it is does cost a bit more. Would it be worth the extra cost of foam?
Thanks ahead of your comments.

Generally I do not think foam is worth the cost and hassle unless you have special circumstances. It doesn't sound like you have any particularly compelling reason to do foam. Save the cost and do fiberglass. Sorry about the flood.

Well, the down side is if you get flooded again. Any foam will trap the water and need to be removed.
Fiberglass is probbably your best solution for your area.
A blown in cellulose or other insulation would also just be a waste of money.
good luck.

I'm not never do some insulation in my house and I don't think if they can help improve my house but if someone help me with this I will work for it.

From my point of view spray foam is the best. Go to Plone — for info on it. I hope it will be useful information for you.

Best Regards,

Well, the down side is if you get flooded again. Any foam will trap the water and need to be removed.
Fiberglass is probbably your best solution for your area.
A blown in cellulose or other insulation would also just be a waste of money.
good luck.

Totally agree on this one. A friend of mine got a foam and he was flooded again. I suggest using fiberglass instead. :)

Back