Replacement door gasket

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CageyB

Reaction score
I live in a 23-year-old modular home; my utility room door leaks, since the
original door gasket ( weatherstrip ) has deteriorated. I've searched in vain
online and at Home Depot for a replacement. The strip is black, it seems like vinyl with foam inside, and it seals by compressing a "v" shape. Attached to the "v" is circular tubing that jams into a circular routed channel on the door frame. I can find "v"-shaped weatherstrip, but not with the tubing part.
My neighbor, a builder, says he sees the stuff "all the time". I'm wondering if he just sees it on older houses--does anybody know if it's still made, or do
I have to switch to some other sealing scheme?

Hello CageyB,
I am a Home Depot associate, trained and authorized to help people on the internet.
Don't worry your not the only one with this problem. I have heard the same issue many times in the store. Have you tried to figure out what manufacture made the door? If you can figure that out and we happen to carry it in your local Home Depot store we most likely can order it for you. If not then here is a link that you may be able to find it at.
M-D: Magnetic Door Weatherstrip for Steel Doors-Vinyl Clad Foam 
Good luck..

Dear shecandoit22,
Thanks for that link. It's not the item I want/need, but maybe it'll be my fallback sealing scheme. In answer to your question, I don't know the name
of the door manufacturer, but it was installed on a Ryland 2856 modular built
in 1987. Anyone know the vendors who supplied the stock doors for Ryland?

shecandoit22,

""I am a Home Depot associate, trained and authorized to help people on the internet". "

I'm curious; where do you get this training and who is the authorizing entity?

I've never heard of this b4.

Back