a warning to everyone

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emerson FD ceiling fan

ceilingfan collector
Reaction score
to all whos plan on getting a new bed,mattress,blankets,sheets..etc or first time getting one..etc,listen up (very important)

never ever buy a used one at the thrift store,goodwill..etc because my neighbor bought a used mattress at the goodwill and it has bedbugs on it and got bad enough that went though his walls..etc and got into my apartment,oh man i never been though this stress when i came home after the pest control sprayed..

i have to:

throw away my pillows(one was bought like a month ago)
some of my stuff got thrown away
i got at least 3 bags of clothes to wash
i had to leave out of my comfort zone(my own home) by stay at mom and dad's house
i came home with huge mess
i had to buy new pillows,sheets..etc(means i had to spend $$$ all because my old ones got ruined
i did got bitten on my arms,legs..etc

best part is least my neighbor pay the pest control as part of his punishment for cause all this mess to me and 2 other neighbors so my neighbor paid the pest control $3000.00 so thus he got what he desrve is by losing $3000.00 out of his pocket,hope he learn his lession and like to see him move so this won't happen again(least in/near my home/building)

oh yeah, i would NEVER buy a used mattress. no offense but especially some place like the goodwill. i would take a lightly used hand me down one from a close family member if i had to, but ugh. you never know what your getting with a used mattress.

You would think the store should have some resposiblity, but then the world isn't perfect. What kind of people give infested stuff to Goodwill?

Does this mean I should consider not buying used toothbrushes anymore? Goodwill has them at giveaway prices.

...I think your good.:rolleyes:

yea..

what i did is i talk to the cashier and the manager at the goodwill and the manager told me that she work there for 6 years and never had any bedbug problems to ANY of the stuff they sell but the landlord at my apartment said that my neighbor got it at the goodwill..

the cashier and manager said they only sell brand new/never used mattress there and all of them are new in original wrap so i was relieved but the roomer from the landlord is what got me which it's end up not big deal because my neighbor still got punished for what he did

i don't think a lot people realize when they do have bedbugs. i know an old neighbor that never knew for a very long time. i doubt someone purposely took it their knowing it was infested. that's just wrong

i don't think a lot people realize when they do have bedbugs. i know an old neighbor that never knew for a very long time. i doubt someone purposely took it their knowing it was infested. that's just wrong

i do agree,it is wrong

Back