Corrugated roofing on walls bathroom

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coachgeo

Remodelling
Reaction score
was thinking of Corrugated roof/siding aged type in bathroom around tube and back wall. Very tiny bathroom. Did some reading though and saw a discussion on Vapor issues..... (backside sweating).

Any thoughts on this?

Home eventually is getting a Amish flat honed log siding interior side and exterior side of outer walls; except bathroom as described above. It is on outside wall and would have this siding unless you folk point out too many good reasons to NOT do this route.

Presently the area is white plastic, browning from age and hard water and is probably from 1970 or so. Not the rustic Im looking for lol

Sweating or condensation is caused when warm moist air comes in contact with a cold surface. If the outside walls are insulated I don't think it would be any different than other surfaces. Hot dipped galvinezd is a rough surface, hard to clean, I would think. So you would want something that only looks that way, perhaps powdercoated. The trick would be to seal it so the wall behind it stays dry, will the metal expand and contract with the use of the shower and break the seal then what do you use for the sealer that would match the metal?

.... Hot dipped galvinezd is a rough surface, hard to clean, I would think. So you would want something that only looks that way, perhaps powdercoated.
Budget is not fitting anything fancy...... it is either grungy looking old corrugated metal (for cost and aesthetics) or new stuff which does sit in the price range. Anything fancier AKA powder coated etc. is not in the price range.

The trick would be to seal it so the wall behind it stays dry, will the metal expand and contract with the use of the shower and break the seal then what do you use for the sealer that would match the metal?
you speak true Kemosabe. I'm open to suggestions.

One thought I had was to put a strip of rubber cushion/gasket on ceiling and base of tub and hope to cut the metal to fit tight enough to compress into these on each end. Not sure how to make that "look" nice though.

Last edited:
Galvanized siding contains lead. Don't think that would be good inside in a wet area.

Im with NealTW. Far as I know there is no Lead in the Galvanization process nor in the Tin itself.

Back