Refridgerator label information

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roger I.

Reaction score
I accidently "let the freon out" of my garage fridge. I have repaired the leak, evacuated it and am charging it. I charged it until the low pressure line is frosting over at 28 psi on the low side.

My question is the label on the back of the fridge states the low pressure is 103 psi and the high pressure is 340 psi. Is this running pressure?

Thanks for any help.
Roger

Roger:

If you don't get any responses in here, then post on the appliance repair forums at either www.Appliance411.com or Appliance repairs, Appliancehelp, Appliances, repairs to dryers washers dishwashers fridges repairs microwaves ge maytag kenmore frigidaire westinghouse inglis, appliance how to take apart information, purchasing an appliance help, model number help,

I am friends with the guy who owns the ApplianceAid website, and he's a professional appliance repair tech. He should be able to give you the skinny on what those pressures mean, but I expect you are correct. Those would be the pressures on the high and low pressure sides of the compressor when the compressor is operating.

Nestor,
Thanks for the info. I tried to charge up the fridge unit but the low side would not get above 55 psi or so before it bogged the compressor down and cycled off, very noisily I might add (from drawing too many amps I assume) so I let out some until it got down to about 20 psi on the low side and am monitoring it now. One guy told me that those were the "tested" pressures. but I am not sure.

I wouldn't know enough about it to advise you. I think you should consult a tech on what the operating pressure of the system should be.

Back