Hot in Houston

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadwall

Reaction score
Hello, new member here from Houston Texas. Love to get on and read about everyones projects. There are some great ideas here. Look forward to sharing. Great forum.

I was kinda wondering the same thing lol. That's initially why I clicked on the post, I was expecting to see some ridiculous temperature.

We've had record triple digits here in Texas for a while now. Haven't seen rain in months.

We've had record triple digits here in Texas for a while now. Haven't seen rain in months.

It seems like there are massive storms here every other day or so. A city up the road actually partially flooded. Nothing serious, but a few roads were out for a couple of hours. When you say record triple digits, how hot exactly are we talking?

It was 102 during the afternoon yesterday. The humidity is what kills you down here. It feels like you're wrapped in a big blanket of sweat.

We've seen 105/106 on the regular this summer. Even before 'summer' had officially started.

We've seen 105/106 on the regular this summer. Even before 'summer' had officially started.

I bet it is a lot dryer out there though. That's the thing that really makes it unbearable out here is all of the humidity that we constantly have!

I bet it is a lot dryer out there though. That's the thing that really makes it unbearable out here is all of the humidity that we constantly have!
Yeah, when I was in NC in January a few years back, it was super humid. Just like Houston. Ew.

We have a very very dry heat here in the Texas Hill Country. I enjoy it, but 107* is a little much.

Around 104-105 these days in Austin, but you're right, we don't have that outrageous Houston humidity.

triple digits? good lord. hope you have a good AC system! oh, and WELCOME! :)

Yeah, when I was in NC in January a few years back, it was super humid. Just like Houston. Ew.

We have a very very dry heat here in the Texas Hill Country. I enjoy it, but 107* is a little much.

You thought it was humid in January??? Compared to this place in the summer, January feels extremely dry, at least I have always thought so. Guess I should visit this place after being somewhere a lot dryer for a while and see what my thoughts are then huh lol.

Greetings! I hope you guys get some rain soon. We would have loved to send you some from New York the past two weeks =)

Latest posts

Back