What's your Temp?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is always nice to wake up to a nice spring day with the robins running around and the spring flowers blooming.

The dog was also enjoying the arrival of spring.

More on the way 5 to 7 inches expected. About 30f but by Monday upper 70's.

IMG_6894.jpg

IMG_6892.jpg

Been in the 60s here in Idaho. Found my spa cover a few hundred feet away yesterday. My neighbor lost the roof on his shop. Must have been windy last week.

It has been hanging in upper 20's and we got our first real snow last night 4 or 5 inches.

The snow race is on. :)

IMG_7557.jpg

It's been in the 40-50s here barely getting below freezing at night. Going to hit 60 tomorrow. Don't know when the snow will come

We've been having the same type of weather as Chris. except tonite a low of 19. next week back into the upper 50s

Well its about 5f this morning with some wind chill that cuts right thru you.

Erie is pulling way ahead in the snow globe contest after our 63 inches of snow the last couple days. here is the official site. We broke the 100” number. http://goldensnowglobe.com/current-top-10-snowiest-cities/

I liked this photo I saw today best name for a business this week.

Lake Effect.JPG

Last night it got down to -13°F and @ 6:30PM tonight it's 0.8°f so far, with about 2" of fresh snow on the ground, our first snow of the season.

That's a neat photo of "The Lake Effect". Very appropriate. Looks a bit like marshmallow fluff.

That's a neat photo of "The Lake Effect". Very appropriate. Looks a bit like marshmallow fluff.

That was posted on social media and it wasn’t this storm or Erie. Someone posted it and then a million people started ripping them apart for accuracy. They never said it was Erie or this storm lol. You have to love how people have nothing better to do than police the internet. If anyone wants to know what 5 foot of snow looks like coming down in a day and a half just google Erie Snow there will be a million pictures.

Its bitter cold here as well and we are heading up to Erie today for Christmas with my sisters today. Up to this point they were advising people not to travel and some times they were turning cars around and sending them back. As of today it sounds like all the main roads are open now.

Im in the Big Easy for New years week.. Royal Sonesta .. fun stuff..in the 60 range.
See yall in Florida next week for a few Months... Im not goin back to the cold:rofl:

We had a little break in the weather for a day and then right back into it. We got something like another foot of snow today and I went out tonight to plow and halfway thru my plow wouldn’t come up. Finished as best I could dragging the plow. It was down in the single digits so I’m hoping it was ice or I’m running low on oil. I will figure it out in the daylight tomorrow. Happened one other time years ago and I brought the pump in the shop to install a rebuild kit and when I pulled it apart I found some ice in the oil.

We are at 121.3” of snow now and Syracuse is in second place with 38”. The news is all about people and groups coming from around the country to clear driveways for older people. The snowmobilers are having a dream come true as are the powder ski folks.

Snow stacking is becoming very important as some really big parking lots are down to a few places. Today on the news a radio station made a 13’ high snowball hoping to be a world record. Don’t know if they made a record or not but it was one heck of a snowball.

http://goldensnowglobe.com/current-top-10-snowiest-cities/

You may need one of those snow-melting dumpsters with a jet engine inside. Trade 10 cubic feet of snow for a cubic foot of ice. :)

You may need one of those snow-melting dumpsters with a jet engine inside. Trade 10 cubic feet of snow for a cubic foot of ice. :)

I do compress it with my 8’ snowplow, but there is still a lot left over. When I was a kid it was common for the city to fill dump trucks with snow and unload them off the dock into our bay. It is no longer legal to do that because the snow contains salt that is legal to use on the roads for snow removal. So now they look for vacant locations in the city and behind shopping places to pile it up. Come spring the snow melts and causes problems and the water runoff goes into the storm water system and guess where that goes? Right straight to the bay. Our thinking anymore is totally upside down and backwards in this country. One of a million examples.

When my dad was a kid the ice on the bay was harvested and stored in ice houses for summer when the ice man would bring you a block of ice to keep your food cold in your ice box. Very efficient and logical way to save the cold for when you needed it.

Come spring the snow melts and causes problems and the water runoff goes into the storm water system and guess where that goes? Right straight to the bay. Our thinking anymore is totally upside down and backwards in this country. One of a million examples.

I don't know much about public policy.
I think the worst are smart people with bad intentions but how to rank policymakers who are
smart w/good intentions
dumb w/good intentions
dumb w/bad intentions
???

Just got back from northern Iowa where the temps were -15°f Satuday morning with a high of -11°f and -20°f this morning. That's air temp, not wind chill. Glad to be back home where it's a balmy +3°f.

Latest posts

Back