Roxul smell?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jungle

Reaction score
I notice the roxul insulation i installed a year and half ago smells, it is really distinctive. It is so strong in some places i can smell i through the vapor barrier. While other places it doesn't smell so much.
Does the roxul absorbs moldy odors, maybe the old wood in the frame is causing it? Or is this just the smell of the roxul?

I notice the roxul insulation i installed a year and half ago smells, it is really distinctive. It is so strong in some places i can smell i through the vapor barrier. While other places it doesn't smell so much.
Does the roxul absorbs moldy odors, maybe the old wood in the frame is causing it? Or is this just the smell of the roxul?

You still havn't figured it out?
The roof sheeting wasn't rotten when you insulated and even then you didn't consider raising the thickness of the rafters to get move ventulation.
We have seen the pictures of the ceiling and how didn't do a good job of sealing the VB and now you can smell mold, Gee I am surprized.

I was talking about the roxul beside cord wood walls. The roof is fine. Maybe you just use fiber glass?

Actually you should have advice a hot roof solution. Would have been better.

Your right there was a problem around the boot with VB. But it is fixed now. But you didn't mention that. So your saying now you knew that but are too cool to tell me?

As usually your answer was not very helpful or well thought out. Now moving to spiteful. You seem to be worried about your contractor links and your ego.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back