Teflon Coming Off George Foreman

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanMark

Reaction score
Hi
I hope this is the proper place to post this. I have a George Foreman grill and the Teflon coating is coming off bottom side.I put seasoning on meat and wonder if that caused it? I,d hate to buy another and same thing happen

There are teflon repair sprays to patch that withl they don't last long though. And teflon chips aren't good for the body when eaten so I'd just replace it. The usual cause of teflon coating failure in cookware is overheating or a poorly done coating to start with. I know of no foodstuffs which can cause it.

Phil

You gotta be brave to cook with Teflon... :down:

Not sure if its Teflon. Now they call it nonstick coating?? Probaly same thing.To prolong my usuage I stated using tin foil in it to cook. I found it trapped the juices in and did a better job cooking.
Looks like I will trash old model and buy another.

Call the company and ask how long the warranty is for the nonstick coating. I bet they will send you a new one.

91byp1wQNWL._SL1500_.jpg

81HTIHn94xL._SL1500_.jpg

Call the company and ask how long the warranty is for the nonstick coating. I bet they will send you a new one.
THANK YOU. I took your advise and went on line and inquired about it. They told me to cut off the cord and $6 and they would send me a new unit.

Thank You Havasu!!! I would just of tossed the unit but after contacting company I received a brand new one just before Christmas.That was actually highlight of the holidays

Glad they helped you out.

and sorry to hear George is loosing his teflon coating. :clap: I know... I couldn't help it.

which George are you referring to?

Latest posts

Back