New guy

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheapliquid

Reaction score
Well, im 20 here, just more of a handy man around the house, doing things small time for now, moving outlets, putting new ones in, taking down basement non-supporting walls, and working on fixing it up for when my family sells it away.

I was recently asked to join the pipe-fitters union, but i'm just gonna stick it out in college.

Any questions, or talk let me hear what you got lol.

Welcome :)
Sounds like you're already one of the guys.

well, my uncles all do handy work and stuff around there houses, they call me up because im coordinated and knowledgeable, so i'll be helping my uncle with his addition that he got on his house, after he had it put on steel to remove oil, he got a big addition put on, n im helping him with the windows that are coming in.

Hello Anthony:
I totaly agree with the college education but I would not easily blow off the membership in the Pipe Fitters. Having both would bring lots of job security and a handsome income. Very few are invited to join the Fitters.
Glenn

friend of a friend, was looking out for me and my family, if things went sour in my house where my grandma couldn't afford it, i'm gonna take care of it, but i'd have to work alot and not be greedy at all ya know?

not double post this is days apart, but i can't do any repairs or any work now, because i broke my left ankle/leg playing hockey thursday night.

Akkk!!
Not fun! I certainly hope you recover well
and with speed!

it's worse then when i broke my leg a year ago, this time got surgery with metal screws and a plate in my ankle, so looks like it might be a bit.. last time when i broke my other leg, just needed a cast lol.

Wow! If you can get back to walking it will be great. Sorry to hear of your misfortune.
Glenn

yea well, i just bought a bunch of tools maybe a week before hand, and now i can't use em so im sad, i can't do any improvements on the house, so i'm just waiting lol

Great time to start learnin...try www.jlconline.com to start. And check out any books you can from your local library...free.:D
Then you will be really ahead of the game, come game time.
Things happen...because they happen, make the best of it.

Good luck.:) I mean it.

Hey all, im back i had lost the site and went through my physical therapy im back walking again, with a noticeable limp of course lol. I started working on the house again the other day. i'll see everyone around.

Ouch, i'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully you'll have a quick recovery, until then you know you have the support of all of us on here....and a big welcome to cheapliquid too!

Back