Master Bedroom Help! PLEASE!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desarinaaa

Reaction score
First off, Please don't judge lol. I know this house was a mess when these photo's were taken.... but we have not moved in yet....

I am so ready to finish this room off... I feel like we are so close, but it's so overwhelming when I look at it. I want to go ahead & paint & put the flooring in....

Please find attached photos.

Our bedroom furniture is called "ashton castle"
it is a very light, white washed, blonde wood.

and our bed is a charcoal gray, wrought iron, sleigh bed...

and the colors of our decor & stuff is light sage green, baby blues, beige, tan, white...

but we also have a ceiling fan that has clear acrylic blades & a neon blue glowing light...

I want something classy, and a bit contemporary yet, traditional. I love candice Olson's design style... but have to incorporate my hubbys taste as well =(

DSCN1004.jpg

DSCN1006.jpg

This is a kind of difficult one to answer as I don't know what type of style you and your husband likes. I suggest sitting with your husband and flip through a home improvement magazine. Then choose out the designs you two like most. Past it on your wall or a place where you will see it everyday and as soon as you get tired of one picture take it off. The one that's left in the end - well you get the idea. That's the type of design to go for then

Not sure what exactly that you want advice on? Try to be more specific. Are you asking what color to paint? What kind of flooring to install? A ceiling fixture?
(You mention an acrylic bladed ceiling fan with neon blue light....I would definatley NOT use that because, while your furniture has a bid of a modern flair to it...it also has a traditional feel, and it sounds like your bed has a traditional look as well).. I think you should find a more modern, yet classy fixture, then do a cool paint treatment in the trey ceiling...maybe a reflective silver paint...not only will it add height and interest, but would really enhance a fab acrylic chandelier instead of crystal for a more modern look, or whatever you choose to hang)
You list an array of colors of decor items and a different bed than shown with your furniture, so it's hard to advise you. Since the bed is always the focal point in a bedroom, you really need to try to post a photo of that for some better advice.
Also...what about the bedding? Do you have some already or looking for advice on that too? (If so, add photo).
Cdutoit gave some good advice....start with pictures from magazines...print photos from online that you both kind of agree on and hang them there for awhile....you'll narrow it down.
Hope that helps a little.

cdutoit is right. it's a bit hard to figure it out without you guys knowing what you really like for the bedroom as far as colors, and furniture is concern. I just think that, if you want to blend in your existing furniture, then you should find a color that would fit best on them.

I guess I wasn't really clear when I stated what colors I liked, or the designer I like most. and Yes...I was actually asking what colors people would think best to fit with the existing furniture.

Based on your description, you already have at least 5 colors in your decor. So to find a paint color for the walls, it's better to re-use one of the existing colors, instead of introducing a new one.

color wise, We are basically up for anything..just stating what we already have..which are just a few accessories...

my main question is... what are all of your color suggestions to go with the ash colored furniture... obviously, accessories are more affordable than furniture!

If you keep your furniture then the first thing I suggest is to exchange your ceiling fan. Stay neutral if everything you mentioned is going back in the room. Or choose the color(s) for the wall and floor first to fit your furniture pieces and bring in what complements.
cureforspace.com

How about deep red walls and a black ceiling? LOL, just kidding. I'm terrible at picking paint colors. The Handyguys interviewed a color expert asking her how to choose paint colors. Give it a listen here if ya want
Picking Paint Colors
Good luck and post some after pictures.

wow... lol. Thanks Handyguys.. I think that is the first useful thing I've been told since I joined. I will definitely give it a listen, lol =)

Latest posts

Back