Husky pressure weasher

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slownsteady

Reaction score
I have a Husky H2000 pressure washer, which started leaking water from somewhere inside the gun. I was hoping to replace the o-rings inside. That would be my best guess on the problem
Husky sells replacement guns but they do not specify any parts inside the gun. Anybody know what size o-rings to use, or where to find out?

Last edited:
I was hoping to know the sizes before I started tearing into it, I tried the Husky website, but they were useless in that department. Wondering if anybody knew. I doubt the local guy would know that info unless he specialized, (and he doesn't).

I would take it apart if it’s made to come apart and see what you have. Most big hardware and building stores have a selection of O rings and a specialty place that deals with hydraulics and pumps etc will have a huge selection of sizes. Maybe 10 sizes in between each increment you see at the hardware display.

Pressure washers run at very high pressures it wouldn’t surprise me if when you get inside there are some special seals. If you have done the Google searches and the company home page search and can’t find a kit that pretty much leaves you with trying to find something that will work or buying a new gun.

I opened the shell and there are a few o-rings involved. I'm not sure if they will come off intact, but that's my next move. If it doesn't work out, I'll have to get a new gun anyway.

So I managed to get the suspected o-ring off without trashing it. Found a replacement at Lowes ( had to buy ten....anybody need an o-ring?). I put it back together with one side of the shell removed, and applied water at low pressure. It turns out that the plastic tubing is cracked along a seam. I found several pinhole leaks in a row. I ordered a new spray gun today.

BTW: the Huskypressurewasher.com website is no longer certified secure by 2 different browsers that I tried. So use the phone number provided if you need to order parts.

Latest posts

Back