New tool for my birthday

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

havasu

I got a few Home Depot gift cards for my birthday, so today I purchased a new De Walt 12V Lithium drill/driver. It is very small, is very balanced, the tip has a built in flashlight, and has lots of torque. Not bad for $99, which includes two batteries and a charger. :banana:

21c6cc8a-16b4-42c3-9b93-000d7b62d6ae_145.jpg

I've had that same set for a couple years. I really like it as it's got good power for a 12 volt. And it's small enough to get in tight places and light enough to not tire you out. I'd say you did good!

Oh, and happy birthday. :clap:

I got a few Home Depot gift cards for my birthday, so today I purchased a new De Walt 12V Lithium drill/driver. It is very small, is very balanced, the tip has a built in flashlight, and has lots of torque. Not bad for $99, which includes two batteries and a charger. :banana:

WHOOP WHOOP HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :banana:

Gotta love our toys! I just popped for a palm nailer .... great tool for tight spots

PALM 2.jpg

Great pneumatic tool to have, especially for nailing in tight spaces. My 85 year old stepfather has been using one to nail cedar shingles on the sides of his house. He loves using it. Much easier and less tiring than swinging a hammer or using a larger pneumatic stapler.

What size nails does that shoot?

I am hammering 16d galvanized nails with ease. Could not do it due to space restrictions ... no way to get a hammer in there.

Really useful for joist hangers when working with those short Tico nails. Unless you are in a production situation with a dedicated nailer, this is a good call.

TICO.jpg

I am hammering 16d galvanized nails with ease. Could not do it due to space restrictions ... no way to get a hammer in there.

Really useful for joist hangers when working with those short Tico nails. Unless you are in a production situation with a dedicated nailer, this is a good call.

I see now you can get that gun for 2 1/2 inch nails, I'm trying to find out if that is exceptable for earthquake straps.

I see now you can get that gun for 2 1/2 inch nails, I'm trying to find out if that is exceptable for earthquake straps.

I am shooting 3" galv. 16d nails ..... working great so far:agree:

Back