shower cady

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leal

Reaction score
How do i go about making an in the wall shower caddy? Does anyone know of any how to page for this?
Thanks

How big are you looking to make, and do you want it to have suctions?

How big are you looking to make, and do you want it to have suctions?

Not real big, just the size of the studs.
Suctions? I havent a clue what ur talking about.

I dont know if im calling it the right name. Some showers have a shelf that is built in the wall. Im guessing u could use it as a shower caddy to put shampo bottles and stuff on.

Im sorry, i think they are called recessed shelfs.

How do i go about making one of these.

Im sorry, i think they are called recessed shelfs.

How do i go about making one of these.

Do you mean this:

ang6.jpg

If so....get yourself a premade one from a tile store. They are very easy to install and wont ever leak if installed correctly. This particular one I framed out to the size of the homeowners shampoo bottles ;-)

yes tile guy that is what im talking about, thank you for posting. Are they called recessed shelfs? i hope i can find some.
Thanks

yes tile guy that is what im talking about, thank you for posting. Are they called recessed shelfs? i hope i can find some.
Thanks

Its actually called a "Niche" :)

so, how do i go about making one?

Its as easy as putting two pcs. of 2x4 across from stud to stud for the top and bottom of the box. Durock it tight and make sure the bottom shelf is pitched towards the shower. Tape and thinset ALL of the corners and seams and then RedGuard it. Dont be stingy with the RedGuard, use a paint brush, let it dry, do it 3 times. Then tile away :)

Im installing a premade tomorrow, I can post pictures of that for you. I highly recommend the premades over framing them out.

tile guy, i actually found some of the premade shelfs today and have instaled them.
Thanks
Post a pick of it anyway.

tile guy, i actually found some of the premade shelfs today and have instaled them.
Thanks
Post a pick of it anyway.

I forgot to bring my camera to work today :( sorry about that hehe
how did you make out with tiling everything?

I havent started tiling yet, i still have to decide on what im going to use.
Choosing tile has been the toughest part so far. There are so many options.

I havent started tiling yet, i still have to decide on what im going to use.
Choosing tile has been the toughest part so far. There are so many options.

Yes it is! I can help anyone design any room but when it came to my own house... I hated it

Latest posts

Back