Dash Board Cookies

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would try it but I need the sun to come out. Man, just think, all these years and I could have had fresh baked cookies while I'm going from job site to job site.....

[ame=http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=exhaust+manifold+cooking&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8]exhaust manifold cooking - Google Search[/ame]

Oldog...your a roofer...you never had baked roofin beans??In the can?? wait ..hold it..scratch that. In the foil oven??:D

I know when I do a nice flat roof ( been a while) we would set up the solar cooker. Folks really saw us fry an egg it was so hot up there.

Just think of the folks at the stoplight smellin fresh baked cookies.MMMMM

And exaust manifolds on snowmobiles keep your hot toties hot.

Oldog...your a roofer...you never had baked roofin beans??In the can?? wait ..hold it..scratch that. In the foil oven??:D

Baked beans? must be a New England thing. We dine on beannie weinnies round here, crackers Lousianna Hot Sauce...ummmm.

And exaust manifolds on snowmobiles keep your hot toties hot.

What is a hot, hot toties?

your google button broke???

Just a warm drink, in a stainless steel thermos...on a long ride around the Gaspe penninsula....yup that's Canada.:D

your google button broke???

Just a warm drink, in a stainless steel thermos...on a long ride around the Gaspe penninsula....yup that's Canada.:D

Whats a google button? Is that anything like a belly button? Maybe it's for guys in funny hats...

The Tartar raiders from Asia were the first real green operators. When they rode by horse to raid and conquer much of Europe, they would put a slab of meat under the saddle and rode for a day and got hot, tender meat when they stopped at night.

That used no energy and was the beginning of Steak Tartare (raw ground beef) that is served as a spread/appetizer today.

Dick

Last edited:
Probably the very best idea for saving energy when cooking was thought up by a troop of boyscouts.

What they did was get an oven hot and put meatloaf in the oven to bring it to the cooking temperature. Once at the cooking temperature, they took it out, stuffed a small electric coffee cup heater into it and wrapped it over and over again with aluminum foil and insulation.

The idea was that by providing a small heat source to replace the heat lost through the insulation, they could maintain the temperature of the meat loaf at it's normal 350 deg. F baking temperature, and it would cook the same as if it were in an oven the whole time.

Apparantly the meat loaf cooked properly by simply replacing the heat lost. I've never tried to do the same thing, but this is an idea that could really save the continent billions of kilowatts. What I'm thinking is that if we could create a large thermos bottle that would fit inside a microwave oven. You turn the microwave oven on to get the food inside the thermos bottle hot, and the food then stays hot (and cooks normally as a result) because there's very slow heat loss through the vaccuum.

A temperature sensor inside the oven could tell the microwave when the food is getting cold and when it's hot, so the microwave would come on and go off when told to by that sensor.

Microwaves will go through glass, (but not metal) and so there's no reason we couldn't build such an oven today. I think the idea has a great deal of potential. Up until now, no one's been concerned about the heat loss from an oven. But, if you can stop that heat loss, you can maintain food at an elevated temperature, and that's really what baking or roasting is really all about.

Last edited:
Back