Dog pee damaged hardwood floor

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BroRage

Reaction score
HI,

I have rugs on my hardwood floor. One day, I lift my rug for cleaning and found that my dog urinate soaked through the rug and damaged my floor. There is a black color around the hardwood piece. On the piece, the surface is not smooth anymore, I guess it is warped now. Here are my questions.

1. for just the appearance, how can I get rid of the black color around the hardword piece? So it does not constantly reminded me that my dogs are killing me.

2. How does this type of damage really get repaired? Do I need to called an expert? How much does it cost to repair?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. and yes, my dogs need more training.

Thanks

Post a pic, unfortunately damage is done replace the effected pieces is the best way to fix it.... Or u can buff the area and use a wood stain but it will never look right again. 3rd you will have to leave a rug there.

Here are the pics. I found 3 areas when I lifted the two rugs.

floor#1.jpg

floor#2.jpg

floor#3a.jpg

lowe's has a product call rine-gone works greats

Does it actually work for fixing it? I have always thought with urine damage on hard wood floors that you basically had to replace the damage pieces like the guy above you was saying.

It doesn't look that bad should work or try it out 1st won't hurt any.

I'll go to Lowes this weekend and get the Urine Gone and try it out.

I need to take pictures of the floor in our office from the dogs that the previous owners had. Its a pretty big black spot. Will see if I can get some pictures posted soon.

Back