How do I fill in a Koi Pond?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o2284200

Reaction score
This Koi pond sans Koi is now home to way too many frogs, lizards, snakes, etc and is just too high maintenance. It's solid rock with a water feature inbedded in concrete and has a black lining to hold the water in the pond.

The pumps don't work; previous owner says he went through about 4-5 pumps so it's basically just sitting water and with rainy/hurricane season knocking on the door, I'd rather not deal with it as a pond.

How would you go about filling this pond in and making some kind of a dry pond, pond-less waterfall or a planter, while keeping the bridge and moving the plant life from around it to perhaps...in it?

Thanks!

koipond.jpg

what a shame, it really is nice looking, but if you are determined to keep it free of water, then I would bust out some holes in the bottom an puncture the liner. then fill it with pea gravel

what a shame, it really is nice looking, but if you are determined to keep it free of water, then I would bust out some holes in the bottom an puncture the liner. then fill it with pea gravel

That may not work if the water table is to high.

Puncture the bottom, let it drain to its natural level. Remove all liner possible. Backfill with dirt only (mixed with some rock is OK). Add bubbler and spray irrigation piping for replanting. Replant with flowers, shrubs, etc. Buy a nice salmon dinner to celebrate the bygone fish.

:D

Back