The best way to makes Hardwood floor look new again?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superpack

Reaction score
I have Solid Hardwood floor, it is Ten Year old. I have wondered about that, can anybody recommend me the best way to make it look new again.

Best Regards,

I have Solid Hardwood floor, it is Ten Year old. I have wondered about that, can anybody recommend me the best way to make it look new again.

Best Regards,

A lot depends on what is wrong with it.

The 'best way' is to sand off the old finish and apply a complete new finish.

But you have other alternatives depending on the condition of the floor. These alternatives include: (a) a good cleaning; (b) a power buffing; (c) a process called screening which roughs the finish so you can apply a new finish; and I've seen (but never used) some kits that claim to resore finishes.

A ten year old floor usually does not need complete refinishing (unless my grandchildren have been on it for an hour).

Good answer above! All depends on how bad it is and what you want out of it. Look, color etc. Good luck ;) GregC

The 'best way' is to sand off the old finish and apply a complete new finish.

Totally agree with you on this Con65! We usually do this on our floor when it gets pretty old after a few years. :p

Yep, that sounds pretty standard. depending on the foot traffic it gets you may opt for the screening.

Latest posts

Back