driveway drainage

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sisyphus

Reaction score
Hi all, a few years ago when the village repaved the road in front of my house it caused the street level to be higher than my driveway. now whenever it rains there's a pool of water between my driveway and where the street meets. what type of drainage can I install? thanks

I wouldn't be so eager to spend my time and money to improve a drainage problem in the Village's right-of-way. Get your local Public Works people involved, and ask them to provide a solution for you (and their facility). Might require a catch basin, with an outfall tied in to the nearest Village storm sewer.

If they try to give you the brush-off, tell them you'll have the work done by a licensed contractor, and gladly send them the bill.

Sorry to hear about that sisyphus. A few years ago I worked for the county supervising road repairs and they were pretty conscientious about paving at least ten feet down everyone's driveway so that the grades would match. I agree with BridgeMan that you should contact them to see what they can do. My experience with them has been that they are reasonable folks just like you as long as you approach them nicely as they most likely will get defensive if you try and place some type of blame on them. Just ask them if there is anything they can do for you or if someone can stop by to see what the problem is - in other words let them know you need their help. Best wishes,

Scott

Latest posts

Back