Things THEY should invent

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zom

Reaction score
My eyes are bad and I have a lot of trouble reading a measuring tape. I've looked everywhere for a digital read out tape measurer.

Black&Decker, Stanley, If you read this please invent a tape measurer with a digital read out so the vision impared can get more accurate measurements.

:cool:

If anyone else has a suggestion of a tool they would like to see invented/developed, post them here.

LOL they sure did. well, if they can make a talking one the should be able to make one with a digital read out.

I'm buying one!

I can record my cursing and play iy back. That way I only have to curse once.

6.gif

Thanks for the hook up!

I'm buying one!

I can record my cursing and play iy back. That way I only have to curse once.

6.gif

Thanks for the hook up!

Edit:

It didn't get very good feedback. But I don't really care about the voice recorder and it really doesn't look much bigger than the tape I have now. Oh well, I've spent $20.00 on much worse.

The digital measure is a great idea, but what about when you decide to "burn" and inch?

Most of the time I don't measure right to the end of the tape, I pull it out well past where I'm measuring. I suppose new tool requires some new techniques to use it to its best advantage.

Uh-oh.. talking about burning an inch, Getting into accuracy..
Digital tape measures are NOT known for absolute accuracy.
They may be fine for rough framing, but I would NEVER use one in my cabinet shop!

Yah, I just keep my reading glasses handy. Truth be known, the only reason I would buy a digital measuring tape would be for estimates.

If the digital one comes out, I'm buying it for my father for sure, he's got really bad sight and keeps a magnifying glass with him!

Back