What are you watching?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, what a peculiar thread! It started with SouthPark, meandered through a dissertation on zombie movies, and has now traveled into a diatribe on higher education! And it only took two years to build up any momentum!

Don't let me stop you; I just had to comment.

Wow, what a peculiar thread! It started with SouthPark, meandered through a dissertation on zombie movies, and has now traveled into a diatribe on higher education! And it only took two years to build up any momentum!

Don't let me stop you; I just had to comment.

That's how it works more often than not. Thread drift can be a funny thing.

Watching Pirates of the Carribean atm

What did you think? It was very blah. Fun to watch but unmemorable.

Are you guys talking about the new one? I didn't even know that they were making a 4th one until my mom said that she saw it. How was it? Worth seeing or wait til it comes out on tv?

Are you guys talking about the new one? I didn't even know that they were making a 4th one until my mom said that she saw it. How was it? Worth seeing or wait til it comes out on tv?

Visually a great movie, but the story line was poor.

I loved the first one and by the third was still going to the theaters, but was disappointed.

I say see it, it was fun, but know the story is not as great as the first.

I'm about to watch the Real World at 10:00. I know I'm a little too old to watch it, but oh well! It's good!

Sounds like the 4th Pirates movie was the same as every Harry Potter movie for me. I loved the books and was a HUGE fan of the series. The movies did such a poor job representing the books that I was disappointed in all of them :( I'd rather not see the pirates movie so I can still say good things about the series lol

Sounds like the 4th Pirates movie was the same as every Harry Potter movie for me. I loved the books and was a HUGE fan of the series. The movies did such a poor job representing the books that I was disappointed in all of them :( I'd rather not see the pirates movie so I can still say good things about the series lol

I felt that way about Lord of the Rings, great movies, but left out some much of the book you were really only watching an action movie, it seemed in my mind, to lack the majority of the mythology that made you think you were there.

So I know that I'm behind the times on these movies, but I just watched, for the first time ever, the first Godfather movie, and Scarface. Was never big on those movies, but WOW! I loved them, can't wait to see the second and third Godfather!

So I know that I'm behind the times on these movies, but I just watched, for the first time ever, the first Godfather movie, and Scarface. Was never big on those movies, but WOW! I loved them, can't wait to see the second and third Godfather!

I've never seen the Godfather, it's on my list of great movies I have not seen.

I'm watching Scarface right now, the one with Al Pacino. Certainly one of the more err..."colorful" movies I've watched, but it's quite interesting.

I've never seen the Godfather, it's on my list of great movies I have not seen.

Um...Ima tinkin you's need ta see it soon....very soon.
"Imma gunna make you's an offa , ya can't refuse."

Um...Ima tinkin you's need ta see it soon....very soon.
"Imma gunna make you's an offa , ya can't refuse."

Loved the first Godfather, definately best of the three...we've got the entire series of the Sopranos on DVD, think we need to get them out and see them all again. Might be a good winter project.

Loved the first Godfather, definately best of the three...we've got the entire series of the Sopranos on DVD, think we need to get them out and see them all again. Might be a good winter project.

That was another one that I want to get around to watching. I watched one of the earlier seasons with my dad when I was younger and still living at the house. Haven't seen any of them since though, wish they would add them to Netflix :)

That was another one that I want to get around to watching. I watched one of the earlier seasons with my dad when I was younger and still living at the house. Haven't seen any of them since though, wish they would add them to Netflix :)

Same here, but there's a lot of things I wish they would add.

I was just watching "The Shootist", which was the last and best of John Wayne's movies. It also includes Lauren Bacall, Ron Howard, jimmie Stewart and others that wanted to be a part of it.

In the movies, John Wayne was a famous gunfighter, that went to a small town to live out his battle with cancer (ironically) and it attracted a bunch of gunfighter "wanna bees" that wanted to finish him off. John Wayne carried around a purple velvet pillow with gold tassels to make sitting possible.

Some great, sincere acting, a good story and great directing. He died of cancer later.

Dick

I was just watching "The Shootist", which was the last and best of John Wayne's movies. It also includes Lauren Bacall, Ron Howard, jimmie Stewart and others that wanted to be a part of it.

In the movies, John Wayne was a famous gunfighter, that went to a small town to live out his battle with cancer (ironically) and it attracted a bunch of gunfighter "wanna bees" that wanted to finish him off. John Wayne carried around a purple velvet pillow with gold tassels to make sitting possible.

Some great, sincere acting, a good story and great directing. He died of cancer later.

Dick

I agree, I really like the older Duke movies, like Mclintok and Eldorado.

I just watched the True Grit movie that had John Wayne in it yesterday. I actually kinda liked that one better than the new one.

I just watched the True Grit movie that had John Wayne in it yesterday. I actually kinda liked that one better than the new one.

I need to go back and rewatch it. It's been years.

I liked the remake though, good movie.

Back