Thermostat install

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

floatr

Reaction score
Im looking to install a newprogrammable thermostat thats a Honeywell TB7220U-commercial(because of it no support as a consumer!)
I as looking at the wiring diagrams online and anted to know how to hook up several wires and if i ill need to add another wire...I have a 2 stage heat pump with heat kit.
-fairly new.but old thermostat doesnt have all the extra features new Heat pump offers.

I currently have 7 wires from unit to tstat..Dk brown-common ,red-24v,orange rev valve,green fan ,yellow compressor,white aux,and blue Eheat(last 2 tied together at unit).
the unit has2stageheat/cool -multistage and on last page mine is the chart on right.
The new thermostat has connection screws /my diagram shows i will use O,G,C,R/RCjumpered,,W1,Y,Y2,..old one didnt have y2 new one does

How will i need to wire this exactly? and will i have to run a new wire for y2 or is high cool and low cool not a must ?
Also says Common is optional- in notes- if using batteries-so can i use that wire for y2?
i will not need a,s1 nor s2 on the chart for my new thermostat.i dont use w2 either.
Last diagram is unit and brown wire not used W2

IMAG0975(2).jpg

IMAG0968(1).jpg

IMAG1080.jpg

IMAG0328.jpg

IMAG0351.jpg

IMAG1091.jpg

IMAG1092.jpg

IMAG1094.jpg

IMAG0397.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,
Thermostat installation guide:
1. Turn off the power supply to the thermostat.
2. Remove the old thermostat including the wall plate.
3. Test the wires to ensure power is off. Install new wall plate.
4. Connect the wires as directed by manufacturer instructions.
5. Mount the unit to wall plate.
6. Restore power and program the new thermostat.

Thanks!! Hope will be helpful.

Back