New here! Quick question.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmichelsons

Reaction score
Hi everyone, was looking around for some home improvement sites and stumbled across this one! From what i have read everyone has some great ideas and helpful information so i thought i would ask a quick question.

My wife and i are currently looking at purchasing a house, it has a Laundry room addition that is incomplete and i wanted to get an idea on what would be needed to complete it, cost, things i could do myself etc.

getmedia

getmedia

We understand it is an old house, has had some upgrading and a single bedroom added onto the garage, it is defiantly a fixer'uper! But we are excited and thinking it would be fun building and upgrading the house as a whole.

getmedia

the addition to the garage.

Any information would be very helpful, thanks in advance.

Tristan

A job that big it would be best to start calling around for some prices from some local pros and have them at least dry it in for you and you can finish it out.

There is no way to price any job, just looking at a few pics

I agree that your best bet would be to get in touch with some local contractors in order to get an idea for what you would potentially have to spend to get work done.

Is there any chance of you providing some more pictures? If you get some closer to the area, then we might be able to help as far as providing ideas goes.

Another person that would be useful to contact is your local building dept. Just to see if there are any current permits for the projects, and also to check and see if the current structures are up to code this far.

This house looks like at has beaten a couple handy types into submission. This no place for a beginner.

This house looks like at has beaten a couple handy types into submission. This no place for a beginner.

Indeed she has!

I think it will look great once finished. Looks like it became too much at once for whoever is selling it.

Just take it one project at a time. Don't let it become your 'Money Pit'.

Welcome!

Back