Hi from Eastern Iowa

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wirenuts

Reaction score

I began my career being born into a blue collar family in Western Iowa in 1976 working alongside my father and electrician and my Uncle the plumber, HVAC business owners. My education in these fields started with these two guys and has continued for more than thirty years. I've worked on everything from new home installs to grain bin dryers and livestock feed lots and confinement and everything in between. For about ten years I was a certified Maytag repairman on the side when times were slow, and now as the economy is in the can, I have decided to see what help I can provide for the average DIY in an attempt to save them some money.
I have held a Master's Electricians license over the years and am certain that our government will create a national licensing network in my lifetime. There are a lot of fly-by-nighters out there that have little knowledge with the intent to rip you off. You should always get recommendations from your friends and family before selecting a professional repairman to work on your mechanicals in your home. Don't fall prey to some dirt bag trying to make the rest of us look bad while lining his pockets with cash.

Sounds like you are ready to jump in and help out.:) We are Glad to have another DIY professional to help with all the questions we get from folks just trying to get it right.
I have family from Crawfordsville, outside Washington...all nice folks.

I am from iowa too.. welcome.. hopefully you can help me out sometime.

Latest posts

Back