what is the strangest thing you ever found remodling a home ?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife and I have bought remodeled and repaired at least nine different homes in our 45 years of marriage.
I have found many things, but the most memorable was what I found in one of the basements.
I was cleaning out a lot of "pack rat" items that were useless to me but was saving useable items like bolts, nuts and tools.
I found several jars of washers, small bolts, and nuts. All the jars had lids and a paper or cardboard lining--for some reason:confused:
I would open the jars but one 1/2 gallon jug had a very tight lid. I set it aside and some time later managed to open the jug to see what it contained.
It was completely full of Gold and Silver coins:eek:
Just the face value of the coins were well over $1,000:D
Funny thing is----I finally contacted the wealthy older gentelman that I had purchased the home from, and to my delightment when he laughed and said--"oh everything I left goes with the house":eek:
That was many years ago and I still have the coins in my home safe.

Wow, Giles...that's a great find! You're a lucky one. What a nice man also.

My dads house was built in the 40s and had a dirt floor in the garage until about ten years go. While we were prepping it for concrete we found a bunch of old rusty knives buried in the corner . Kind of odd...... The former owners husband was cursed by an engine while doing a swap in his truck. I never liked going out there by myself in the 18 years I lived there.

Back